Thursday 31 March 2016

The Monthly Playlist: March

Until the last couple of days my March playlist had half the number of songs in it than the previous two months. There are two reasons for this.
Firstly, at the end of February I went to see Mary Poppins in Manchester. Now, I love musicals and whenever I go to see a musical I end up just constantly listening to musical soundtracks on loop for weeks. So my musical playlist (link here) has had some serious plays this month.
Secondly, one song I discovered this month is an acoustic cover of Teengae Dirtbag by a man called Frank Hamilton. I'm not sure how I found it but ever since that day it has been listened to numerous times. I've actually lost track. Does Spotify tell you how many times you've listened to a song? Answers on a postcard.
I've been listening to some of his other stuff and it is all brilliant but that cover... wow. Please listen to it.

A couple other things that happened this month that inspired the songs on the playlist... I went to London at the start of the month with my friend, Becki. And as always when in London, I get The Jam's Going Underground stuck in my head. Also, The Jam are the first band to feature in two consecutive playlists, hurray! When we were on the tube, Becki said the noise the door makes as it closes sounds like the very first note of Natasha Bedingfield's These Words. I found this very funny. Because it does. Go listen!

And at the moment, I am rewatching Sense8 on Netflix as the second season will be out in a few months. If you haven't watched it then I highly recommend it, it is very well done with a really interesting plot. Anyway, at the end of one of the episodes What's Up by 4 Non Blondes plays and they all sing it. The song is brilliant any way and I love the lyrics and I just love how well it fits in with the scene and what's going on with the characters.

Then there's a few golden oldies from Bowie, The Beatles and Michael Jackson. Some favourites that I'd forgotten exist and some new songs I discovered as well as the new Gwen Stefani song - yesssss!
Let me know what you've been listening to this month.

Ooh, and whilst I have you here... I wrote a little something on eating disorders after B&M decided to sell a product with a pro-eating disorder slogan on it. I'd really love if you could take a read.


No comments:

Post a Comment